Saturday, September 25, 2010

39 Clues

I have recently read the first two books of the 39 Clues series; and I must admit that I am hooked!! I did not expect to like this series because I thought I was going to be some cheesy way to sell collectible cards (similar to Pokemon). However, I was wrong. This series is about a brother and sister team, Dan(11) and Amy(14), who are on a scavenger type of hunt to find the most powerful thing in history. We don't know what that is though and neither do they. The kids just know that its part of their family's history. However, there is a problem they are not the only members of their family on this hunt. In fact, it seems that the rest of their family will do anything to make sure that Dan and Amy do not win. Even if that means setting a house on fire or blowing up a cave. The books are very interesting because they also teach the reader a part of history. So far, each book deals with the life of a famous person that is supposed to be related to the kids very distantly.

I find that these books are great for kids age 9 and up not only for the history but because they can become absorbed in trying to solve the clues as well. I want to continue this series to see what happens to the team. I look forward to eventually reading the third book. Now this series is already up to book 10 so I have some catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment